Thursday 25 October 2018

No. 88 (2018) In Like Flynn October 16th.

Film No. 88 (2018) October 16th.  10:00 AM EVENT Cinemas Innaloo.                        


"Ripper of a show you put on today. A shame to see you depart so soon." (The mayor of Townsville makes it clear Flynn and his boffins are no longer welcome in his town).





This messy retell of Errol Flynn's back story; the short years before he headed for Hollywood, is boring. The poster pointedly suggests it's a rollicking yarn in the vein of Flynn's swashbuckling adventures. I get what director Mulcahy was aiming for and he possibly achieves it, I just couldn't get enthused. The cheesiest performance of all must go to Australian screen icon David WenhamWenham plays the corrupt mayor of Townsville as if he was a dastardly pantomime villain. I cringed often, but as I say, the story reflects the legend that became Flynn, so maybe the characters had to mirror the comic book caper they frolicked through. The fact is, I couldn't stop looking at my watch! 4GUMS.





           

No comments:

Post a Comment