Friday 7 August 2015

Film No. 56 (2015) Fantastic Four August 5th.

Film No. 56 (2015) August 5th.  6.45 PM GREATER UNION Innaloo. 


"It is our duty as human beings to push forward into the unknown". (Dr Franklin Storm delivers his world view to his young scientists) 

 

Fantastic Four

 

"When Marvel sold the live action rights to many of their characters and groups of characters in the 1990's, it was on the condition that the rights would revert back to Marvel if the properties were not used within a certain number of years". This is a fact I found on-line on The Stackexchange and I think it sums up the desperate plight of 20th Century Fox as it fumbles around with The Fabulous Four franchise. This effort is definitely as bland as eating Weet-Bix straight from the box.

Maybe the characters of this re-boot FF would be best left on cheap comic stationary. I was never a Marvel reader as a lad but I had plenty of mates who loved each weekly edition and I understood their love for disappearing to a corner to escape to their fantasy world. This is why it confuses me as to why the release wouldn't take place in school holidays. I imagine it to be a perfect time to capture the hearts and minds of 9 to 13 year old boys all looking to escape on a dreary day into a dark cinema space. 

Four young scientists get drunk one evening then decide to teleport themselves to some nuclear powered planet where they teleport themselves back, each now possessing new individual super powers. Politics then plays a part in how their super powers are harnessed. See it's a plot line best left on comic sheets.

If you are a boy and you are 11 years old who loves watching big colourful action movies plus you've never heard of Whiplash and Miles Teller's brilliant performance then go see Fabulous Four. I'd also like to say I'm pleased an 11 year old is reading my blog ! 3GUMS     

No comments:

Post a Comment