Friday 25 April 2014

Film No. 29 (2014) Fading Gigolo April 23rd.

Film No. 29 (2014) April 23rd. 6:30 AM LUNA Windsor Nedlands.


Fading Gigolo


I'm not sure that I have anticipated a film more this year than Fading Gigolo. The mere thought of Woody Allen, playing Woody Allen as a character is tantalising.

See, I've got you salivating at the idea as well. But, unfortunately, as this small, soulless film plays out, my heart sank with disappointment with every minute that passed. That's not to say many folk won't enjoy the antics played out in Gigolo. My issue was over inflated expectation; it happens to us all on occasions.

Murray Schwartz (Allen)owns a book store. Times are hard and his part-timer Fiorarente (Turturro) is doing it tougher. Schwartz learns from his dermatologist (Sharon Stone) that she's interested in partaking in a three-some and she asks does he know of a willing participant? Enter Fiorarente. And so this odd partnership unfolds without a hint of sleaze.

Fiorarente produces the drama, care of a gentle relationship with Avigal (Vanessa Paradis) while being watched from afar by the odd looking Dovi (Liev Schreiber). Even as I type, I continue to build my hopes. Woody has the odd hilarious line and all the characters deliver; it is just the chemistry doesn't work and I still can't quite figure why?  7GUMS     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment