Wednesday 16 April 2014

Film No. 26 (2014) The Other Woman April 16th.


Film No. 26 (2014) April 16th. 6:30 PM GREATER UNION Innaloo.


The Other Woman


Okay ........... so I couldn't resist a free preview film. I saw the trailer of The Other Woman once previously and I recall commenting at the time, "this will be crap". Well, I wasn't wrong. There are however many things about the film which will attract an audience.

The leads are attractive; Dias, Mann and Upton fill every scene with a new outfit to push the envy buttons of many fashion doyens. Amber (Upton), a sports illustrated bikini finalist, is sure to cause popcorn to be spilled in the lap of many. See, I told you it was a film of little substance.

Now for the plot; it's not deep! Carli (Dias) meets Mark and falls for him. She soon discovers he's married to Kate (Mann). Kate and Carli form a friendship based on a series of "wet" one-liners. Soon they find Mark is also "bonking" Amber (Upton). Eventually they form a three way bond to plot revenge. The Poster very nearly gives the whole story away.

It is rare to see a film these days in a packed cinema. I was a part of a 400 strong audience and I counted 4 spontaneous outbursts of laughter. The Other Woman "bleats" about being a comedy; a female romp in the realm of Bridesmaids. I think not. 2GUMS. PS. Remember, at 109 mins it is time you will never retrieve.    

No comments:

Post a Comment