Friday 4 September 2020

No. 51. (2020) THE LEGEND OF THE FIVE. August. 30th.

 

Film No. 51 (2020)  August 30th.  1:30 PM.   THE HEART Margaret River.


"Do you really think five children could stand against the end of the earth?". (Marduk asks a deep question, in voice over, prior to the five magically appearing in a strange land).






Sometimes there are films created which raise more questions than they answer. But the reason for the queries is not about to engender the praise for The Legend which might be hoped for by distributors, creators, audiences even. How did anyone who read this, ultimately approve funding? How is it that it is getting a big screen release? How was it that at my screening, the first to walk out were a group of adolescents, the age demographic the film is aimed at? Who writes dialogue like this? dialogue that fails to give adolescents any credit for their intelligence? I respect all the artists involved in The Legend of The Five. I hope they go on to bigger and better things but unfortunately the 93 minutes I had to endure on this Saturday afternoon were excruciating. Unfortunately I'll never be able to cash in those 93 minutes later in life!  2GUMS.




       

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    You have accurately described my thoughts about this screening which renders me speechless in regards to its inclusion in the program of a renown Australian Film Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well young lady I'm pleased I've struck a chord ... you seem like a good judge. Thanks for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete