Thursday 23 May 2019

No. 43 (2019) Avengers: Endgame. May 6th.


Film No. 43 (2019) May 6th.  6:00 PM EVENT CINEMAS Innaloo.                        


"I keep telling everyone to move on. Some do but not us. We will. We'll do whatever it takes" (Steve Rogers, Captain America, deals out his monologue to fellow super-heros in the hope of convincing them they are obliged to save the world standing shoulder to shoulder).







Avengers: Endgame says it all. This is the summary of all it's parts and in many ways, while 3 hours is the limit to most people's cinema viewing patience, the devotees were screaming for more by the time the screen went black. Other than the original Iron Man, the first Spiderman and Deadpool 1 & 2, this represents the limit to my catalogue, thus I feel in no way qualified to review this exclamation mark to the Marvel franchise. Speaking to the brethren who've seen all 22 from the Marvel Comic Universe beginning with Ironman in 2008 convinces me that Endgame is a classic and is definitely never to be completely appreciated without seeing at least half from the stable. Nevertheless I did participate, I did enjoy it but my enjoyment came less from the spiritual culmination but more from the performances of the who's who on the big screen over the last 50 years. Nearly every scene has a cameo of sorts. Oh, and it made me realize how little I'd seen of Robert Downey Jr in recent years. He's brilliant as Tony Stark, the original of all the characters, and the stand on which MCU could reliably hang its lavish capes!  9GUMS (12GUMS from every devotee I have spoke to).



        

2 comments: