Friday 29 June 2018

No. 52 (2018) Deadpool 2 June 17th.

Film No. 52 (2018) June 17th  12:50 PM Hoyts Millennium Fremantle.


"I don't know much about this Cable fella, but I guarantee you he hasn't killed as many people as melanoma has." (Peter prepares for battle by applying sun lotion).






Ryan Reynolds continues to count his lucky stars (money, more likely) with mark II of the wise cracking, self effacing, rat-bag superhero Deadpool. I had as much fun with II as I, so much so I'm motivated to take a second sitting to catch up on the machine gun delivery of sharp wit and satire I missed on the first sitting. Deadpool is the naughty boy of the Marvel stable but now he has a sensible, beautiful girlfriend, Vanessa (Morena Baccarin). Were something to happen to her, most likely because of his wayward ways, he would need to form his own superhero gang to avenge any wrongs. So nothing new in franchise land excepting the script. Ryan Reynolds shovels another sod of dirt quite literally on the grave of Green Lantern with a tilt of his shining shovel, a glint in his rebellious eye and another smudge on his crimson, skin tight suit. 10GUMS




No comments:

Post a Comment