Tuesday 25 March 2014

Film No. 19 (2014) The Finishers (French) March 24th.

Film No.19 (2014) March 24th. 6:30 LUNA SX Fremantle.



The Finishers (French)


When the French Film Festival comes to town, 48 films are on offer over nineteen days. In my case I try to catch three in that time. My task, which I choose to accept, is to find the film to suit my time and mood. Unfortunately The Finishers did not satisfy in the way I had hoped.


Don't get me wrong, this film "ticked many boxes" and played beautifully as it's "big heart" thumped, but like the bland burger, served in a sweet bun, the experience was soon forgotten and I wish I'd tasted something else.


The premise of an out of work father re-connecting with his wife and son after long stints of working away is worth anticipating; so now throw in the idea that the son is physically disabled and motivates his father to compete in an Ironman challenge while at the same time taking him along for the ride. Yes, it is both tantalising and exhausting but it lacks chemistry.


The locations (the south of France), many shot from the air, are spectacular. The performances are sweet but wooden and the ending is predictably warm hearted. So what's not to like? I think it's The Vibe ....... The Vibe your honour!   6GUMS.   

No comments:

Post a Comment